Monday, November 5, 2007

Reading - Amazing habit

I had a great day today....I was occupied through out with some interesting work...I was working today with great excitement today...as its just a day left for me to leave to my home town and meet my parents...... My day started with a dilemma whether to go for the walk or not..as it was cold..however I won my lazy thoughts and went ahead with my refreshing walk..... and then as usual got ready to office by 7.... Then started reading a novel "The Naked face" by Sidney sheldon.... So today I am here to post few benefits I have received by cultivating the habit of reading....

I always had the feeling that reading is not possible with me...and hence I gave up within few number of attempts...

But that's wrong...There is a saying in Hindi "Mehanath ka fal mita hotha hai" (Sorry I cud not remember any English phrase to quote here..that I wrote a hindi one in English") It simply means that the frui of Hardwork is always sweet..... I do not know how well it fits here..but I could relate my current state with it....

Somehow without abstaining Iwent ahead with my battle of reading and today it has shown beautiful colours on my thougths.....

Today I am wiritng a blog here...It all started with my reading.... I read a book on mind power, started organizingmy mind accrodingly....started reading news paper daily (wow! the amount of happiness or enjoyment you get in reading a news paper with a cup of tea by your side earlyin the morning after a nice refreshing walk is unexpressible) I think most enjoy it.....

Reading books, can be anything of your interest..helps inimproving your vocabulary first, your power of thinking and sets ur mind to get involved in some good activites.....

There is a saying "Idle mind is devils workshop" That's perfect..... Before I used to getty fretty over my journey in my office cab to office....I always used to complaint to myparents saying m bored..but its not true these days...

I was just shoked this morning that Akshatha has stuck to a novel like a worm and completed half of the book so fast... That's a great progress in me....

So this is what I could post with my limited experience in reading...I am sure I willl still experience great effect of reading and will definitely post them here then......

Now also m just thinking of going and completing the novel.... It becomes like an addiciton..butI feel it's a healthy addiction...So get started... Reading need not be confined to books....we are lucky to have beautiful resource like interenet and it is our responsiblity to make the best of it.

Akshatha


No comments: