Monday, October 29, 2007

Rainy days

When it is hot you feel that it should rain heavily and become cold..and when it is cold you feel you need a good sun shine..... So what are the occasions when we think of rain.... As far as I am concerned I have always thought about it only when it was too hot to tolerate especially when I was in my college I used to really feel happy if it would rain..But these days in Bangalore I hate these rainy days..I feel I can tolerate the sunny days better...So here I pen down few good times and bad times that I have experienced during rainy season....

Joyous times:

  • When I was in college I went on a long bike ride with my brother on a high way...wow that was simply cooooool...I can never forget it... The water levels were high on the road..and My bro was riding the bike happily singing nice rainy songs in Tamil...."Megam parakkudu mala vara pogudu" was one of the songs I can remember.... I was although scared...enjoyed it... It was too cold..and even the rain drops were big..and every fall of a rain drop would pain...but still that was an amazing moment....It was a day long trip and my brother dropped me in my Hostel at about 8.30 p.m and again..picked me up by 9.30 after we cleaned ourselves..and then went out for a nice dinner.... All my friends were jealous...
  • Next was during my final year hostel day where we had huge speakers put up in the hostel quadrangle and then all of us were dancing in the rain until 2 in the night....
  • And then with my little sis..although we never got a chance to get drenched in the real rain..we always simulate one in the house and just get wet for hours together....She is a very notorious sis and she always awaits for my visit to house..just to go crazy in the water...
  • Ah..one more fabulous enjoyment was during our semester study hols..It always used to pour heavily...and it used to be so cold.. I am my friend...used to enjoy it by covering ourselves with thick rug and sleep well.....All other friends studying hard around in the gallery would envy us....and then in the evening go to a nice chat house and serve ourselves with hot Masala puris...yummy!
What i hate about rainy days....

  • At least after coming to Bangalore I have started hating rainy days.... First of all Bangalore is so cold..and these rainy days make it a tough place to stay here.....
  • The traffic really gets worse, the clothes don't dry...all the streets become dirty..and again when you get wet or dirty the water is too cold to get yourself cleaned
  • These days as it starts raining in the morning itself..I am unable to go for my walk ;-(....
  • The water is too cold for me to wash the utensils.....
  • Once I get wet little in the rain I start sneezing and that gives me a feel that I have fever...and I don't feel like working...My head starts aching....
  • I feel rainy days are very gloomy...they don't make as active..... First of all due to the cold whether I don't feel like getting up...and then somehow I manage to get to work...but then there again amidst the AC...ah..I don't like it...
  • Consequence of all this is I drink coffee very often to keep myself active.....
That was all about my experience with rain.....

It is still raining here and I feel like singing our nursery rhyme.."Rain Rain go away...Come again another sunny day ;-) ".....

However I feel...Rainy days can make you enjoyable or miserable..but sunny days only miserable..... I can't think of enjoying myself under hot sun ;-)....

To relate the above post to my day..."Yes it started with rain...and then sunny in between and now again rainy...." . However I managed to keep myself warm with my sweater and work"

But I hate "Rainy days in Bengaluru"....


Akshatha




No comments: