Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thirukkural - Very nice thoughts

In continuation to my previous post on inspiring life I thought this time it is perfect to write few lines on my recent attraction "Thirukkural".

As I always loved reading thought provoking lines or cliches, I got recently pulled towards the great asset of Tamil literature "Thirukkural". It was Sunday, when I watched a program on TV and was shocked to see a north Indian, speak/praise about the wonderful lines written in the book "thirukkural" written by the great "Thiruvalluvar".

Following which I noted my Manager sharing very good thoughts from Thirukkural. Just listening to them and understanding the meaning of the same energies the mind like anything. Being brought up in Tamil Nadu, I felt little disappointed for having missed the chance of experiencing the Kurals during my childhood days.

Nevertheless I have started reading the same whenever I find time these days, and as usual when you feel the meaning of the 2 lines, it gives immense happiness to my heart and also induces some good, disciplined way in my way of living, thinking and more.

Reading itself is a very good habit, amongst such good habits, reading thoughtful books like "Thirukkural" and at least following few of the lines can bring magic in our life!

May be in future, once I am through with the book , I will definitely post a set of wonderful "Thirukkurals"!

There are around 1333 kurals in covering various aspects of life! I am so glad, at least now I came to know about it!!

Cheers,
Akshatha

No comments: