Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Small wonders and their Cherishable Notorious acts

I was watching the movie "Salam Namaste" when I saw Saif Ali Khan saying...oooooooops..I hate kids and I was so irritated at that thought of his towards kids.... But did not know the same would some times slip in to our mind as well when kids get naughtier and naughtier, as well when they become more inquisitive........

Yes....surprisingly that thought crossed even my mind when my neighbors kids getting on top of my head with several questions...I questioned myself how could I think so.... Sometimes it is very irritating for us to listen to the queries of small wonders but to tell the truth even though we get irritated at the point time when they question us we really admire/have fun with their questions at a later point in time.. So was the case with me.......

I was very tired and kinda feeling low when day when the kids living in my compound barged into my house and started with their questions... All of a sudden I started having fun with them and told they were my mini friends and gave them juice/chips, and had a small party with them..... That's it... I became a part of their gang.. and they always I played with them ;-).. They started looking at me at their standard meaning...I was also considered as a kid of their age to play around with them....

That became little tough for me.... whenever these kids here my voice or see when I am entering my house they immediately rush along with me into my house and start.....That goes on and on.... Answering them I just got to feel how I used to pester my parents with similar questions....

If you think of them now you really feel like laughing and sometimes little embarrassing too....

Not only this incident..but another incident when I went to teach some kids in a tent school I got to watch their notorious activities...innocent cute little answers... behaviors etc.....

One of the kids was asked to write 12 on board and the little kid wrote 21...when asked to read 94 , the small wonder read it as 49..... I was very poor at Maths, and the way I used to mutiply when asked to divide, getting repeatedly taught by my mom was what came into my mind at that point of time...

and then I tried to teach a small boy how to write Spell/write Dog...and when I tried to do so...The Boy replied saying I don't know..I replied..no problem..I told him to write D O G and then asked him to say DOG but he said D-O-G....

I said that's fine. Now say DOG, spell it and write it again.... But the reply was D-O-G and not DOG..... If I say D-O-G the boy writes but when I say DOG together he just looks at me and keeps wondering ... D-O-G is D-O-G and not DOG ;-( ...I tried my best... it was D-O-G..Could not get the boy say DOG together.... Kids are so innocent..... And always fun...

Cheers,
Akshatha




No comments: