Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Parks - Major recreational area


When I looked for the meaning of this word in English I got various meanings and I felt all were perfect and really reflected my understanding about parks, at various ages of my life. I can quote two of the familiar meaning for it, one the “Playground” and other the “Recreational area”.
If we go and ask a kid of 5th or 6th standard what does he/she understand by the word park , the output would be playground and yes that is what even I felt when I was in my school days….
But the same question if we pose to our parent or the elders these days or even youngsters the result would be recreational area. And yes I agree to the same now…
These days my life has become so monotonous that I wake up by 6 or 7 push myself to office by 8 and back home by 9 cook, eat and sleep… same procedure follows for the next 5 weekdays and the weekend is there again the monotonous procedure takes a different face of washing clothes, cleaning the house or hanging out the friends. Rarely I rest at home or divert my mind for different set of activities. Last weekend I tried to change it, in doing so I landed up going for walk in the evening in a park near my house…. I was there only for about 25 mins but yet I was fascinated by the beauty of nature, and also by the amount of tranquility it provided to my mind. Marvelous!
I saw different set of people in the park. To list out few here…
  • There were group of friends having a sort of get together
  • Young married couple with their baby, eating some fruits
  • Two kids playing with a throw ball
  • Young lovers
  • Young boys and gals jogging/walking
  • One boy and a gal, doing a combine study or preparing for some exam
  • Set of middle aged ladies having a chat
  • Some young guys eying the beautiful gals ;-)
  • One old man talking to his handicapped or mentally retarded grandson
  • Few people doing some exercise, few of them meditating and so on

And amongst all me taking a cool evening walk with nice music soothing my ears and my eyes noticing all the minute things possible…. When I saw so many people inning the parks I really felt it was a beautiful recreational area and it served its purpose very well…….. All the ones who were in the park enjoyed the beauty of the nature and also could feel some rest for their minds which is usually very tired over the weekdays…
There were few other set of people selling flowers, some snacks, and some play items for small kids etc outside the park.
It was past 25 mins since I started with my walk and it was the closing time of the park..I had to push out forcefully… As the synonym of park points to recreational area..I really felt it was so… I could see the reflection of the word recreation in each of the individual’s face inside the park…..


This wonderful beauty of nature really offers good relaxation, more healthy inputs that has attracted a good crowd these days towards park. It’s really astounding to see young people including small kids jogging in the park thinking about keeping their health intact, maintaining a healthy personality and so on…. which was not the case in past times where whenever the parents talk to the young generation regarding walk or exercise they used to crib and sit quiet at home….

I was very happy to spot many parks almost one in each lane in the beautiful Garden city and feel very thankful to the municipality who give a major hand in keeping them clean and maintain them.

Hope whoever reads this blog will realize the significance of parks and as another meaning of Park (stop for a while) indicates, if they take some time to park their mind in the Parks they can definitely feel the crux of my post.

At last to conclude with I feel that with the growing traffic and pollution the Garden city, definitely Parks are very important and definitely be a major recreational area for all the people staying in the city.

Cheers,
Akshatha





No comments: